Nate, Attorney
Experience:  Eight years of fighting traffic infractions.
11217539

Received on Oct. 5th a Redlight camera violation in the mail

Received on Oct. 5th a Redlight camera violation in the mail from the " City Capitola Violation Processing Center, (VPC) Tempe, AZ. I contructed a "Notice of Conditional Acceptance" then had the letter notorized and sent it to the above VPC in Tempe, AZ, which was acceped and signed by a VPC employee on October 11, 2013. To date I have not received a response from the VPC.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Nate replied 1 year ago.
My name isXXXXX have been a licensed attorney for over ten years and will be assisting you today.

As the court date is 11/7, they likely will get to you before then. Expecting more out of the government on a citation, such as efficiency, just doesn't often happen.

The court date is the important deadline. After the 7th call the court clerk and ask them about the case. They can tell you what was decided and what its status is.

If you have more questions please feel free to ask. I'll be happy to answer them. If you do not, please do remember to rate my service in assistance to you today.

Thanks!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks Nate for the reply.

Is the Violation Processing Center, VPC required to reply to my certified notorized "Conditional Acceptance" letter? And if I don't receive a reply, I will not be in violation if I don't show up on the 11/07/13 scheduled court date?

Thanks, Dennis

Expert:  Nate replied 1 year ago.
They may / may not reply. You can never be for certain.

You do need to stay on it. The court clerk is who you call. The day before court call and see if you're on the docket. If you've gotten the return receipt, you'll be okay no matter what. You would just show up to court with that return receipt.
Nate, Attorney
Experience: Eight years of fighting traffic infractions.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

My last question relates to Red light camera violation citation, being dropped when the person who receivies the notice and replys with a "Conditional Acceptance," C A letter that states a police officer must sign a ticket that he withness the violation for it to be legally binding. Is the C A letter legaling binding?

Thanks, Dennis

Expert:  Nate replied 1 year ago.
If you send the letter it is binding because you've agreed to the process by sending the letter. That doesn't change the original answer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Per you original answer, is to follow up and show-up at court if I'm on the court docket, and they have not dropped the violation.

Expert:  Nate replied 1 year ago.
Bring the return receipt from the certified mail as proof and let the court know you already responded to the citation.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Should I, or do I need to bring a copy of the " Conditional Acceptance" letter to the court as proof?

Thank you again, Dennis

Expert:  Nate replied 1 year ago.
That's a good idea, for sure.

You'll be fine. You've done what you are supposed to do. It's just a matter of getting through the bureaucracy.
Nate, Attorney