Tina, Attorney
Experience:  JD, 17 year experience including traffic law.
4460311

accused of lending my car to unlicensed friend who received

accused of lending my car to unlicensed friend who received a ticket for stop sign

Hello and welcome.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX my goal is to provide you with excellent service today. Before I can give you an accurate answer to your question, please provide the following additional information:

What is your question for me please?

I look forward to assisting you as soon as I have received this information. Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

accused of lending my car to unlicensed driver do I need a lawyer to go to court, and do you know what the fine is in new jersey thank you.

Hello again, Joao.

Do you have a citation to the vehicle code on the citation which you can provide me?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

summons#av236328 violation39:3-37.1(B)

Hello again, Joao, and thank you for providing this additional information.

That section of the code provides:

39:3-37.1 Unlawful loan of license, vehicle; penalty.

a. A person who has been issued a driver's license shall not lend that driver's license for use by another person.

b. A person who owns, leases or otherwise has control or custody of a motor vehicle registered under the provisions of this title shall not allow that motor vehicle to be operated by an unlicensed driver.

c. The penalty for a violation of this section shall be a fine of not less than $200 or more than $500, imprisonment for not more than 15 days, or both.

Here is a link to the code:

http://www.lickyourtickets.com/trafficlaws/39_3-37.1.php

Because it provides for potential imprisonment, it would be best to retain a local traffic/criminal law attorney to represent you at the hearing and prepare your best defense to avoid the harshest penalties.

I hope this helps clarify the situation for you. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate my service when I have answered your questions so I will be compensated for my time assisting you. Thank you!

Thank you very much for your positive rating of my service. It has been my pleasure to assist you and I hope you will ask for me should a future legal need arise.

If you receive a Customer Satisfaction Survey from JustAnswer, please consider scoring me a 9 or 10. It benefits my ability to assist you and other customers, and would be tremendously appreciated.

Thanks again and all the best to you.

Note: Please feel free to request me if you have future legal questions by typing your new question in the question box on my profile page. Here is a link to that page, which you can bookmark or add to your favorites: http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-tina/. I look forward to hearing from you again should the need arise.