Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Criminal Defense Attorney
Experience:  18+ years of high-volume criminal defense work from arraignment through plea or trial.

I am a CT resident and received a ticket in New York for failing

I am a CT resident and received a ticket in New York for failing to have my rear seat passenger wear a seatbelt. The ticket is for $138 and 3 points against my license. If I plead guilty and pay the ticket, will this go against my CT license? Will it effect my insurance?
Hello Jacustomer,

New York will notify Connecticut about your conviction because both states belong to the Interstate Driver's Compact and have agreed to do this. But my research indicates that the NY points will not be transferred to your Connecticut license. '

That does not mean that you can blow off the ticket, however. If you don't resolve the NY matter and/or fail to pay the fine, New York will suspend your driving privileges, and when they do that, they will notify Connecticut who will immediately suspend your license.

The incident will be in the national data base and remain on your driver's abstract, but if there are no points transferred onto your license, it should not affect your CT insurance.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you.

You're very welcome! Good luck!