socrateaser, Attorney
Experience:  retired (mostly)

I purchased a 2006 Chevy Express Van , this past July for

I purchased a 2006 Chevy Express Van , this past July for $ 11,000.00
from a reputable new / used dealer . Had a problem with it yesterday and was told
itvwas the catalytic converter a $1400.00 repair . I don't have the manufacture date
To determine if it is over the 7 year minimum , but it has been lees than 30 days
and well under 3000 miles .
What can I , should I do ?

I'm not sure that I understand your question. Are you trying to invoke your rights under the Connecticut used car warranty law?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes , my situation , age of vehicle in particular , is on the edge
of what I understand to be the guidelines , however , the dealer is
reputable and all the other conditions are well within , less than 2300
miles and under thirty days since purchase .
Okay thanks.

Please don't "shoot the messenger" here, but I think you may be slightly outside the boundaries of the law.

This link to the Connecticut DMV provides a complete explanation of the used car warranty law. The vehicle age limit is six years old -- not seven, as you seem to indicate in your question. So, you may have already run out of time.

Please let me know if I can clarify anything for you. I realize that my answer here may be exactly what you do not want to read, and I will be happy to try to help you if I can.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
A more recent document lists 7 years or less
and a used dealer that towed the vehicle also stated 7 years
the question becomes is it exactly seven years ( 82 months )
from date of manufacture to date of sale ?
Apparently, the Connecticut DMV website has inaccurate information...nice catch.

The actual law is found at C.G.S. 42-221(c)(3), which provides that the dealer is not liable for the warranty, if the vehicle is seven years of age or older, "which age shall be calculated from the first day in January of the designated model year of such vehicle."

My calculation shows that from Jan 1, 2006 until today (minus 30 days), is more than seven years. So, it appears that you are still outside of the required limitation period.

Maybe I'm missing something here. If you can find a loophole in the statute, feel free to show me what you find, and I'll be happy to give you my thoughts.

Hope this helps.