Nate, Attorney
Experience:  Eight years of fighting traffic infractions.
11217539

I have a neighbor with Michigan license plates who does not

I have a neighbor with Michigan license plates who does not live in Michigan and has not for over 10 years. has lived in fl full time all that time. how is this possible
Thank you for your question. Be sure to go ahead and bookmark www.nateanswers.com for future questions.

It seems that your neighbor is just using a Michigan address and renewing his tags there every year. There is no automatic check on such things. He would have to get pulled over and the officer would have to have a suspicion he should have Florida plates to issue him a citation for it. I would guess at this point he simply has not been pulled over or had an officer suspicious of his residency.

If you have more questions please feel free to ask. I'll be happy to answer them. If you do not, please do remember to rate my service in assistance to you today.

Thanks!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I,m Assuming there is nothing more I can do myself.

No, there's really nothing you personally can do.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Do you know what the penalty is for this

It is considered a non moving violation. Pursuant to Florida Code 318.18 the fine would be $30.00.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Looks like not worth my time. Don,t like people who break law intentionally. Thank you

You're welcome. Please remember to rate my service before you go. Our ratings are very important to us.

Thanks!