lwpat, Attorney
Experience:  Nationally recognized expert on traffic laws and violations.

I received a dwi in missouri in 2000. I now need a drivers

I received a dwi in missouri in 2000. I now need a drivers background check with illinois dmv. Will this show up on this record?

lwpat :

Thanks for using JA. I will do my best to answer your questions. DON’T FORGET, your deposit is not used to compensate me until you rate my service. No one can absolutely guarantee whether it will show up or not, assuming this is your first and only. However, since it is over ten years old, then it most likely will not since it would have dropped off your Missouri record. I assume that this is for an employer. Most employers and insurance companies only check the last three years of your record, some five, and even fewer ten. I have not seen anyone that goes back over ten years. With that said, it is usually better to be up front with such an issue, that way if it does show on the check, it will not be a surprise to them but that is up to you. Thanks for using JA and best of luck with the new job.

Thank you. It is my only offense. The record is required for dcfs, working therapeutically with minors.

lwpat :

You are welcome. Since it is over ten years old, it should not show but these types of things sometimes pop up even though they should not.