Nate, Attorney
Experience:  Eight years of fighting traffic infractions.

Hello recently married and my wife has a son 24 and moved back

Hello recently married and my wife has a son 24 and moved back home recently. As he was unable to purchase a car himself his mom purchased for him. My question, the kid has a bad driving record therefore wants to insure at the lowest possible liability levels 25k injury 25k property. Car is legally registered to wife.If he goes with the lowest level insurance and has significant accident assume that other party could go after wife and in turn my assets should damages exceed 25k correct?? Live in Virginia if that makes a difference
My name isXXXXX am a licensed attorney with ten years of experience. I will be assisting you this evening.

Your wife's assets will be in danger if he gets in an accident and it exceeds his coverage. However, it would stop at her assets as the co-owner. Your assets would not be at risk. She is in danger if he exceeds coverage, but you are not.

If you have more questions please feel free to ask. I'll be happy to answer them. If you do not, please do remember to rate my service in assistance to you today.