How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Nate Your Own Question
Nate, Attorney
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 10685
Experience:  Eight years of fighting traffic infractions.
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
Nate is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hello recently married and my wife has a son 24 and moved back

This answer was rated:

Hello recently married and my wife has a son 24 and moved back home recently. As he was unable to purchase a car himself his mom purchased for him. My question, the kid has a bad driving record therefore wants to insure at the lowest possible liability levels 25k injury 25k property. Car is legally registered to wife.If he goes with the lowest level insurance and has significant accident assume that other party could go after wife and in turn my assets should damages exceed 25k correct?? Live in Virginia if that makes a difference
My name isXXXXX am a licensed attorney with ten years of experience. I will be assisting you this evening.

Your wife's assets will be in danger if he gets in an accident and it exceeds his coverage. However, it would stop at her assets as the co-owner. Your assets would not be at risk. She is in danger if he exceeds coverage, but you are not.

If you have more questions please feel free to ask. I'll be happy to answer them. If you do not, please do remember to rate my service in assistance to you today.

Nate and 3 other Traffic Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Traffic Law Questions