CriminalDefense
CriminalDefense, Attorney
Experience:  7 + years in Traffic Ticket Defense, DUI/DWI and Criminal Defense cases

Im 17 years old driver, recently i had a reckless driving ticket

Im 17 years old driver, recently i had a reckless driving ticket and because i didnt had my license with me police gave me one more ticket for that also, and after these two tickets I got two more reckless driving ticket and one speed ticket, and my court dates are close, what's going to happen to me? ! Will they only charge me and give a community service because im under 18 or they will suspend my license? ! Because im going to college and I work at a same time!
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  CriminalDefense replied 1 year ago.
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.

Good evening. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. A reckless driving conviction is a class I misdemeanor. The potential penalties include jail time, suspension of driving privileges, and a fine of up to $2,500.00. Additionally, a conviction will result in six demerit points on your Virginia driver’s license. Seeing how you received two reckless driving tickets after the first one, there is a high probability that your license will get suspended. In a situation like yours, with three pending charges, you should 100% retain a criminal defense attorney to represent you. You may be placed on probation, in addition to community service, drivers education classes and a license suspension. If it was only 1 charge, the court may be lenient. However, you proceed to pick up two more charges for the same thing, so the Judge is going to think you never learned your lesson and have no regard for the law.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above, prior to rating me. Also, please remember to rate my service with 3, 4, or 5 faces/stars, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two faces/stars on the left, please STOP and reply to me via the "REPLY TO EXPERT or CONTINUE CONVERSATION "button. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

what do you think how the judge will charge me in my sittuation?!!

I would be inclined to think that all three charges/cases will be consolidate and unless you intend to take them to trial, all be resolved at once with any sentences run concurrent ( i.e. at the same time). As far as what sentence will be imposed, that is at the discretion of court based upon the facts surrounding the reckless driving charge.
CriminalDefense, Attorney
Experience: 7 + years in Traffic Ticket Defense, DUI/DWI and Criminal Defense cases