Marsha411JD, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed Attorney with 29 yrs. exp. with Traffic Law issues

My 30 year old son received a ticket which he paid for reckless

My 30 year old son received a ticket which he paid for reckless driving (although he felt he was not being reckless). This was related to an accident he had in which he went off the road and hit a tree because of an untypical type of seizure. He has never had a problem such as this in the past.

The type of seizures he has does not show up on electroencephalogram, he has a precursor to seizure activity and the doctors have stated he is safe to drive. This was documented on the forms that He filled out as requested by the state of Florida. They now are suspending his license for 6 months despite the doctors saying he is safe to drive (Let's face it, no doctor would state this if it were not fact due to liability issues).

We are seeking legal assistance so that his license does not get suspended as he needs his license in his line of work. Do you know anyone that can help or is fighting just a waste of time and money because they are going to do what they want any way.

Thank you

Thank you for the information and your question and I am sorry to read about your son's situation. We would not be allowed to provide a specific reference to you. However, I can tell you what type of law firm you are looking for. You will want to find a firm that handles almost exclusively traffic law issues, including DUI's. These attorneys routinely represent clients at the DMV suspension hearings. If you need some assistance in finding this type of attorney in your area you can contact the Florida Bar Association's Lawyer Referral Service. You can find more information about that service at:

He should definitely appeal the suspension if his doctor/s are saying he is no threat to himself or others with the seizure issue.

Please let me know if you need any additional information. I would be glad to try to assist you further if I can.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your help but I have called several attorneys who handle the issues such as DUIs and traffic violations to no avail.

I will try the Florida bar association as you suggest.

You're welcome and best of luck to you and your son!