Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with over 24 years of law and traffic law

hi my licence was suspenbed because of the point system and

hi my licence was suspenbed because of the point system and insurense i had insurence dont know why they added that on it but i had to get an sr 22 all the fines are paid i sent everthing in and there repond is i need apply for an occupational driver license what do i need to do?
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

If you had insurance you have to file an appeal in DMV first to correct your driving record to remove the insurance citation by proving that you did have insurance. If DMV denies your appeal, then you have to file an appeal to the court with your proof that during the time they claim you did not have insurance. I am afraid that you have to now fight to vacate the insurance citation to get out of SR-22 and get the suspension lifted first. If that fails, then I am afraid you would have to apply at that time for the occupational license.

Thank you so much for using I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered. PLEASE use REPLY to EXPERT if you would like more information or if you feel something was not included in your answer.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.