Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer. Former judicial law clerk. Worked for District Attorney's Office in Traffic Court.

Are points assigned to your license for a school bus camera

Are points assigned to your license for a school bus camera ticket

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

What state are you in?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I live in New York but this happened with our truck to my daughter in Connecticut

Thank you.

Connecticut does not assign points when a person pays a ticket. They only assign points when a person is found guilty following a hearing. However, the ticket will show up on her driving record, which means that it could affect her insurance. If she is licensed in Connecticut, you may want to ask your insurance company how they handle that situation. The premiums could increase, whether she pays the ticket or is found guilty.

If she is licensed in New York, it will not appear on her driving record, because New York does not record moving violations that happen in another state (with some exceptions for drug or alcohol related violations, or violations that happen in parts of Canada). She does still have to pay or dispute the ticket to avoid having her license suspended.

If you have any questions or concerns about what I've written, please reply so that I may address them. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I provide. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so that I get credit for answering your question. Thank you.