Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Licensed Experienced Attorney/former law enforcement officer

i bought a Hyundai Tiburon gt from Honda of Decatur when I

i bought a Hyundai Tiburon gt from Honda of Decatur when I bought the car the ad on craigslist and auto trader it was decribed in perfect condition the ac stopped working the day I bought it I bought a new battery and altenator and now I just recently had my car towed home and it will not work at all I have tried to contact Honda and they would never give me a car fax they keep saying they will fax it but I never get it
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Alex Esquire :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to answer your question.

Alex Esquire :

Are you online with me?

Alex Esquire :

Welcome to JustAnswer.com

Alex Esquire :

I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.

Alex Esquire :

Did you bought this car in used condition?

Customer:

I really don't know what to do from here

Alex Esquire :

Were you provided with any type or written warranty for this used car?

Customer:

yes it is a 2003

Customer:

no warranty but I do not have a as is disclaimer

Alex Esquire :

When did you purchase this vehicle?

Customer:

may 23 2013

Alex Esquire :

Did you contact the dealer to see if they would be willing to help you resolve this issues with the vehicle?

Customer:

yes and they said the day I bought the car an hour later sorry there is nothing we can do u bought it and its your problem

Alex Esquire :

Unfortunately, you are in a tough situation here.

Customer:

yes it seems that way

Alex Esquire :

If you were not given a written warranty for this vehicle, it would be very difficult to pursue any legal claim against this dealer, unless you can prove by clear evidence that the dealer had engaged in fraud or material misrepresentations were made to you, in order to induce the sale of this car.

Alex Esquire :

Basically, it would be a good idea to start by contacting Hyundai corporate headquarters.

Alex Esquire :

Have you done that yet?

Alex Esquire :

Is this a Hyundai or Honda dealer?

Customer:

I bought the car thru Honda in Decatur al

Alex Esquire :

okay

Alex Esquire :

Then Honda Corporate Headquarters

Alex Esquire :

Have you done that yet?

Customer:

no

Alex Esquire :

Well that would be first step.

Customer:

ok thanks

Alex Esquire :

Here is the link with the contact information for Honda Auto:

Alex Esquire :

http://automobiles.honda.com/information/customer-relations.aspx

Customer:

ok I will try that

Alex Esquire :

It would be a good idea for you to contact them in writing and to state your situation and your position and to let them know that if the issue is not resolved that you would pursue a formal complaint with your state Attorney General Office and also with the local Better Business Bureau.

Alex Esquire :

Does that make sense?

Customer:

yes

Alex Esquire :

Do you have any related follow up questions for me?

Customer:

no thank you

Alex Esquire :

I wish you the best of luck. Please click on the "excellent service" rating, so I can receive credit for my answer. Bonus and positive feedback is always appreciated, but is not required.

Alex J. Esq., Attorney
Experience: Licensed Experienced Attorney/former law enforcement officer
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Dear XXXXXne,

I wish you the best of luck.

Please click on the "excellent service" rating, so I can receive credit for my answer. Bonus and positive feedback is always appreciated, but is not required.