SmithEsq
SmithEsq, Attorney
Experience:  Criminal Law Attorney with extensive trial experience.
67917124

Should I pay the traffic ticket or go before the judge? First,

Customer Question

Should I pay the traffic ticket or go before the judge? First, I am not a reckless driver. I got a speeding ticket in March 2013 and took court approved defensive driving course to get the ticket dismissed. Just two days ago, I got another speeding ticket while coming down a bridge and I didn't see the posted speed limit sign (the office said a lot of people miss it). I was braking to stop at the red light at the end the bridge where it intersects with another street. I didn't feel I was going fast but the officer said it was 16 miles over the speed limit. I am currently unemployed but will start a new job soon and I don't want to lose my driving privleges. will these tickets show up on my driving record since I obviously violeted the 120 day probation period on the 1st ticket.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  SmithEsq replied 1 year ago.

SmithEsq :

Hello!

SmithEsq :

Can you see my writing?

SmithEsq :

I am a licensed professional and will be assisting you on your question and subsequent follow up questions.

SmithEsq :

What state are you in?

SmithEsq :

I am going to switch our format to "question and answer" so that you can answer my questions in the box at the bottom of the page. Its just a different format from chat but just as efffective. I will answer your questions until you are satisfied completely with my work at which time you can rate it 3-5 stars so that I get credit for my work. I strive to provide excellent service. So, again, please tell me what state you are in?

Expert:  SmithEsq replied 1 year ago.

Use the box below to continue our communications.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I live in Texas (Bexar County).

Expert:  SmithEsq replied 1 year ago.
Hello! I'm back. We don't have a lot of time I will try to have this question opened so it doesn't time out. It seems like an easy question, but it's not, and I'll tell you why. This is the Texas Driver's Manual Code http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/docs/tn/htm/tn.545.htm

It will tell you every rule you could ever think of or want to know. When it gets to speeding, it does not say ANYTHING about repeat offenders. Nothing. It goes on and on about different scenarios where they may change the speed limit raise it or lower it but never mention the penalty to be imposed, from what I could find. I'm going to "opt out" to give another attorney a chance to find what you are looking for. It must exist. It may not be as big a deal as you are thinking, which would be a good thing.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thank you for trying to help.

Expert:  SmithEsq replied 1 year ago.
Let me ask you, where did you get the 120 day probationary period from?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I believe it is what the court told me for my last moving violation. I did find some information on the site below where the court I need to appear in for this ticket.

http://www.bexar.org/jp/jp2/Tickets/Defensive_Driving_Class/defensive_driving_class.htm

I know my driving record will show I just took Defensive Driving this year for the last ticket in March. Something tells me I won't be able to dismiss this ticket. I should probably just pay the ticket and get it overwith. In a few years it will fall of my record.

Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 1 year ago.

I’m Wendy, and I’m moderator for this Legal topic. It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from another one of the professionals?

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Taxes, Cars, Finance, Tax, to Home Improvement, and more.

Thank you,
Wendy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you.You can close the question. I think I know what I need to do.