Tina, Attorney
Experience:  JD, 17 year experience including traffic law.

My drivers license was suspended in Florida 81/2 years a go

My drivers license was suspended in Florida 81/2 years a go for dui. It is a 10 year suspension. I moved to Colorado and got a full license after using a breathalyzer for two years. What states can I drive in with my Colorado License?

Hello and welcome.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX my goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I am working on your answer now and will post it here shortly. Thank you for your patience while I prepare your answer.

Hello again, John.

A valid state driver's license typically permits the driver to drive in any state of the union unless there are restrictions on the license itself.

Every state would recognize the out of state license as valid, even if their laws would not have permitted you to obtain a valid license yet.

I hope this helps clarify the situation for you. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need so I will be compensated for my time from the deposit you posted with this website. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Will Florida recognize it as valid?

Yes, since you are no longer a resident of the state, they would typically honor the decision made by your current state of residence pursuant to the Full Faith and Credit Clause of the US Constitution.

Thank you very much for your positive rating of my service. It has been my pleasure to assist you and I hope you will ask for me should a future legal need arise.

If you receive a Customer Satisfaction Survey from JustAnswer, please consider scoring me a 9 or 10. It benefits my ability to assist you and other customers, and would be tremendously appreciated.

Thanks again and all the best to you.

Note: Please feel free to request me if you have future legal questions by typing your new question in the question box on my profile page. Here is a link to that page, which you can bookmark or add to your favorites: I look forward to hearing from you again should the need arise.