Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Run my own practice.
18572087

i live in the state of CT and I have a court appearance in

i live in the state of CT and I have a court appearance in the morning for a moving violation... i also however was scheduled for work and cannot find anyone to cover. If I miss this court date, will a bench warrant be pursued? Or will I be able to reschedule or will my liscense be suspended? i am really starting to panic here because i dont know if I can make this court time.

Dimitry Esquire :

Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

Dimitry Esquire :

To answer directly, if you miss a court date, the court can indeed issue a bench warrant after finding you guilty be default.

Dimitry Esquire :

Unless you have an extreme emergency (not finding someone to cover does not count--an extreme medical emergency for yourself or a close family member would do it, or other catastrophic even), the courts would not grant you a right to re-hear

Dimitry Esquire :

They can permit you to appeal to a higher court but they won't re-hear at the same jurisdiction.

Dimitry Esquire :

I wish I had a different answer for you, truly, but I have to be honest with you and your situation.

Dimitry Esquire :

Please be well.

Customer:

i appreciate the honesty and your directness. that was just the answer I needed!! Have a good night and happy 4th of july!

Dimitry Esquire :

You are most welcome, glad to help!

Dimitry Esquire :

If you found my answer to be useful, please do not forget to positively rate my answer so I can obtain credit for my work. Thank you and have a most pleasant 4th of July yourself!