Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with over 24 years of law and traffic law

my insurance agent says I am at fault for being in the wrong

my insurance agent says I am at fault for being in the wrong lane what should I do
Thank you for your update.

It is both your fault and the other driver's fault as we discussed. The court will have to determine percentage of fault. Just because the other driver hit you and should have been using more care to avoid hitting you, because you were not in the proper lane you too have some fault in this. If the court determines you have, for example, 20% fault, then you could only collect 80% of your damages, but this is up to the finder of fact observing all of the evidence.

Thank you so much for using I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered. PLEASE use REPLY to EXPERT if you would like more information or if you feel something was not included in your answer.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO XXXXX CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.