How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask SmithEsq Your Own Question

SmithEsq, Attorney
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 114
Experience:  Criminal Law Attorney with extensive trial experience.
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
SmithEsq is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Iam an 81 years old woman. Owner of sevarl horses that are

Resolved Question:

Iam an 81 years old woman. Owner of sevarl horses that are taken care of by several men responsable for the horses health. I have documents proving that I have owned horses for the last 27 years, when I adopted a Mustang horse, 1986 and she is still with me and in good health.
One of my horses died as a result of one of my workers neglet of taking care of the sick horse. A Vet geve medicines but the horse did not respond and he should have notified me but failed to do so. At this time I was approx 10 days away of having surchery on my eye [cornea transplant and was with extreme pain and unable to personally realize what was happening. Animal Control has charged me a felonyand I have to go to Court on July 3rd, 2013. My only contact with the law has been a parking one or two parking tickets. I have been a R. E. Broker for the last 20 years and have no one complain with the CA Real Estate Commissioner.
My question is this: Do you recoment that I cotact the District Attoney on the case and try to ask her if a settlement is possible: extrenous circunstances?
This has been painful to me and the shock to se my horse suffer like that and be accuse of cruelty to animals as I have dedicated good part of my life enjoying and taking care of horses.
or Should I just go to the Court and talk to the the District Attorney there?
Please respond
My question is sthis
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  SmithEsq replied 2 years ago.

SmithEsq : Hi!
SmithEsq : Are you still looking for an answer?
SmithEsq : First I want to tell you that defendants should generally, as a rule NOT talk to the district attorneys office without a lawyer present. If you can't afford a lawyer ask for a public defender on your next court date. Do not talk about the case to anyone in court except your lawyer (or out of court, except anonymously like this).
SmithEsq : It is likely with the help of a public defemder your case can be straightened out. The person who did this to your horse is a necessary witness. Don't tell him but tell your lawyer his name and contact info so he can be interviewed
SmithEsq : I'm going to switch us to question and answer mode. Please remember to ask me as many questions as needed until you are satisfied. Once you are satisfied, please remember to rate my answer 3-5 stars.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

You gave me a good answer however, I need a criminal lawye's answer don't I?

Could you send my question to a criminal lawyer? As is a felony I am accrued of commuting.

Please transfer me if possible or should I start all over again?.

Expert:  SmithEsq replied 2 years ago.
I am a criminal lawyer-f you are asking for more detail I will try to oblige. The way I see it, your worker was responsible for the negligence with the horse. They will try to say that you had a duty to report it yourself, or have the horse taken in to a vet, but as a criminal lawyer I would argue that your age limits how much involvement you can have with the day to day details with the horse and that you rely on your workers more than say, someone of a younger age, he violated your trust and the law. P,ease remember we are not permitted to call anything we say to you "advice" but I am a criminal defense attorney and that is my reflection. Is that more helpful?
SmithEsq, Attorney
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 114
Experience: Criminal Law Attorney with extensive trial experience.
SmithEsq and other Traffic Law Specialists are ready to help you
Expert:  SmithEsq replied 2 years ago.
Remember though, if your defense surrounds the failed duty of your worker, you still shouldn't talk to the district attorney.Your attorney will be aware can work out a deal but you shouldn't go there.
Expert:  SmithEsq replied 2 years ago.
I really strive for 100% satisfaction, so please tell me what else I can do for you.

JustAnswer in the News:

Ask-a-doc Web sites: If you've got a quick question, you can try to get an answer from sites that say they have various specialists on hand to give quick answers... seen a spike since October in legal questions from readers about layoffs, unemployment and severance.
Web sites like
...leave nothing to chance.
Traffic on JustAnswer rose 14 percent...and had nearly 400,000 page views in 30 days...inquiries related to stress, high blood pressure, drinking and heart pain jumped 33 percent.
Tory Johnson, GMA Workplace Contributor, discusses work-from-home jobs, such as JustAnswer in which verified Experts answer people’s questions.
I will tell you that...the things you have to go through to be an Expert are quite rigorous.

What Customers are Saying:

  • Mr. Kaplun clearly had an exceptional understanding of the issue and was able to explain it concisely. I would recommend JustAnswer to anyone. Great service that lives up to its promises! Gary B. Edmond, OK
< Previous | Next >
  • Mr. Kaplun clearly had an exceptional understanding of the issue and was able to explain it concisely. I would recommend JustAnswer to anyone. Great service that lives up to its promises! Gary B. Edmond, OK
  • My Expert was fast and seemed to have the answer to my taser question at the tips of her fingers. Communication was excellent. I left feeling confident in her answer. Eric Redwood City, CA
  • I am very pleased with JustAnswer as a place to go for divorce or criminal law knowledge and insight. Michael Wichita, KS
  • PaulMJD helped me with questions I had regarding an urgent legal matter. His answers were excellent. Three H. Houston, TX
  • Anne was extremely helpful. Her information put me in the right direction for action that kept me legal, possible saving me a ton of money in the future. Thank you again, Anne!! Elaine Atlanta, GA
  • It worked great. I had the facts and I presented them to my ex-landlord and she folded and returned my deposit. The 50 bucks I spent with you solved my problem. Tony Apopka, FL
  • Wonderful service, prompt, efficient, and accurate. Couldn't have asked for more. I cannot thank you enough for your help. Mary C. Freshfield, Liverpool, UK

Meet The Experts:

  • Dimitry K., Esq.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Run my own practice.
< Last | Next >
  • Dimitry K., Esq.'s Avatar

    Dimitry K., Esq.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Run my own practice.
  • Ely's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Private practice
  • Marsha411JD's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Licensed Attorney with 29 yrs. exp. with Traffic Law issues
  • LawTalk's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    I have 30 years experience in the practice of law, including representation of clients in Traffic Court.
  • Tina's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    JD, 17 year experience including traffic law.
  • Brandon M.'s Avatar

    Brandon M.

    Counselor at Law

    Satisfied Customers:

    Licensed Attorney
  • SoloLawyer's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    I help clients deal with traffic tickets on a weekly basis.