Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer. Former judicial law clerk. Worked for District Attorney's Office in Traffic Court.
26798026

I have a ticket in MD and they got my birthday wrong on the

I have a ticket in MD and they got my birthday wrong on the ticket. Is there any basis for dismissal becasue the information on the ticket is wrong. It is a speeding ticket

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

Unfortunately, a mistake in the writing of a ticket does not invalidate it. A person's birth date is a useful piece of identifying information, but it's not a required element of the ticket. To get a conviction, the officer need only prove that (a) he saw a car exceeding the posted speed limit and (b) you were driving. The birth date doesn't have anything to do with those elements. Even if it did, the law allows a prosecutor to amend the pleadings to correct those types of mistakes.

If you have a valid defense to the ticket, you have a right to assert it. You also have a right to request a trial and force them to prove that you were speeding. But in inaccuracy on the ticket is unfortunately not enough.

If you have any questions or concerns about what I've written, please reply so that I may address them. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I provide. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so that I get credit for answering your question. Thank you.