Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Licensed Experienced Attorney/former law enforcement officer
26296561

I purchased a 2003 Nissan Murano about 2008, for $10,000.

I purchased a 2003 Nissan Murano about 2008, for $10,000. The previous owner told me that he had recently had the transmission replaced. Before the warranty was ended, I had to have the transmission rebuilt. During the next 5 years I spent $6,000 on repairs. About 2 months ago, I was told I needed new bushings, to the tune of about $800 dollars. While contemplating throwing good money after bad, the car went out again. I paid for a new battery; a week later, the car went out again..now I am told it is the transmission again (warranty has expired). I have continued to make the repairs because I love the car:#1 perfect seat height for getting in and out a gazillion times a day (home health nurse) #2 manuverability, #3 looks. I also have kept it thinking all that could go wrong has gone wrong. Another reason is, I simply don't want someone else to buy it and get stuck. Do I have a lemon? I thought about just writing the CEO of Nissan and asking for another car/repair this one.

Alex Esquire :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to answer your question.

Alex Esquire :

Are you online with me?

Alex Esquire :

Welcome to JustAnswer.com

Alex Esquire :

I am very sorry to hear about your situation.

Customer:

I just realized the time. I'm sorry to call so late.

Alex Esquire :

Unfortunately, I have some bad news for you. Lemon law only applies to brand new vehicles which have the same break down more than 3 times in about one year after purchase, but the "Lemon" law does not apply to any vehicles that are bought used.

Alex Esquire :

It is okay, I am here to answer your question and to help.

Alex Esquire :

Unfortunately, what you are describing happens quiet a lot to many used vehicles and once the car

Alex Esquire :

manufacturer's warranty expires, the dealer does not have to repair the vehicle any longer.

Alex Esquire :

Does this make sense?

Customer:

Thank you. That settles that! I appreciate your time.

Alex Esquire :

I wish you the best of luck. Please click on the "excellent service" rating, so I can receive credit for my answer. Bonus and positive feedback is always appreciated, but is not required.

I wish you the best of luck and God bless you!

Customer:

Thank you for saying "God bless you". I hope that means you know Him.

Alex Esquire :

We are all God's children.

Alex Esquire :

Good luck and be well!

Customer:

Oh-oh. Well, God bless YOU! Thank you.