Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with over 15 years experience
19958803

I sold a 1989 Cadalac Limo over 10 days ago and now the party wants his money back saying

I sold a 1989 Cadalac Limo over 10 days ago and now the party wants his money back saying the frame is rusted and is unsafe to drive. He said he can take us to court under the lemon law, is this possible? He also said he will take us to court and charge us for all the court cost, his time off of work and all the money he stuck into the vehicle since he had it. He also said he can get us for fraud. He did sign a piece of paper stating sold as is.
Hello and thank you for using JA! My goal is to provide you with excellent service and help with your legal problem.
.
The buyer is out of luck. If you sold the vehicle "as is" then the buyer has the obligation to thoroughly inspect the vehicle before buying to ensure it is mechanically sound and roadworthy. Once they buy it, it is theirs, problems and all.
.
So he doesn't have a legal leg to stand on as he took it as it sits... That doesn't mean that he can't sue you and force you to defend, just that he will lose.
.

.

.

Thanks.

.

.

If you need further help, just reply to me via the “REPLY” button and I will be happy to continue.

.

I cannot enter into an attorney client relationship, this is a public forum, and all posts are available for public viewing. There is no duty of confidentiality that attaches to any posts. The information provided is not a substitute for a local attorney’s legal advice.