SmithEsq, Attorney
Experience:  Criminal Law Attorney with extensive trial experience.

I live in the Bronx, NY on a residential street that is without

I live in the Bronx, NY on a residential street that is without any parking regulation signs. My legally registered and parked car was ticketed, and towed while parked in front of my apartment house. The parking violation code on this ticket was a code 99, and the explanation that was written said "m39" & "7 days". I was not sure what this means, but someone told me that it meant that my car was ticketed and towed because it has not moved from that spot for 7 days. My question, is there such a law? How do I beat this ticket?
I'm Fran, and I’m a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit. I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of the professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Cars, Finance, Law, to Home Improvement, and more.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I would like someone to answer my question.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Other.
Hi! I'm a licensed attorney in the NY area and would like to assist you with your question. If it's alright with you I would like to do a little research just to confirm what I believe to be true and get right back to you. Is that acceptable?
The parking violation code "39" is as follows: "Parking for longer than the maximum time permitted by sign, street marking or traffic control device." The following is the NYC traffic law in its entirety
What part of the Bronx are you in because Fieldston say, as opposed to Riverdale has different parking regulations?
SmithEsq, Attorney
Experience: Criminal Law Attorney with extensive trial experience.
The final answer is, if there is no sign, you cannot park more than 7 days in a spot. If you did not actually park there for that long, then you can plead not guilty in court. Here is a link to that official information if you need it:

I hope i have been helpful. If so, please rate my answer three or more stars so I get credit for my work. If not, please ask me questions below until you are satisfied.
Thank you for accepting the answer!