How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Pro Your Own Question
Law Pro
Law Pro, Attorney
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 24870
Experience:  20 years practicing traffic law.
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
Law Pro is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have 3 points in my record and my insurance is high what can i do to fix it.. Please hel

Customer Question

I have 3 points in my record and my insurance is high what can i do to fix it.. Please help
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Law Pro replied 3 years ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer! My goal is to do my very best to understand your situation and to provide a full and complete excellent answer for you.

My name is Fred and I'm going to assist you with your question.

Please bear with me if you believe my answer isn’t coming fast enough because I’m also working with other customers too. I apologize for any seemingly late response.

What state is your driver's license in?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'm a California driver

Expert:  Law Pro replied 3 years ago.
There are ways in which you can reduce these points and restore your good driving record. Note that having points taken off your driving record will not affect any penalties you have been levied as a result of a particular offense.

Take a traffic safety course. Many states tie removal of points to the motorist's successful completion of such programs since they will learn to drive more safely and become less of a risk. They will also help keep your car insurance rates down.

However, these programs will not remove points acquired for more serious offenses, such as drunk driving. Many states will also let you use traffic school to remove points only every eighteen months to five years in order to discourage repeat violations.

Specifically, in California, you can remove points by taking traffic school classes. It should be noted that you can only attend these classes every eighteen months and that most violations will stay on your record for at least three years, and major offenses such as reckless driving, the maximum of ten years.

Once you have completed the traffic school classes then you send in the record of such to your auto insurance company and they usually will reduce your insurance rate about 10% or more depending your driver's license history.

You can contact the Californis DMV to find out when and where the traffic school classes are being held and sign up for one local to you.

Here's a link:
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have already completed a online traffic course for a ticket and got that taken care of.


But there were other incidents like Red light & speeding violations that is increasing my insurance to a large number.


Will you be able to suggest me ways to reduce my points that would help me get a insurance premium.


If I share Driving Licence details will you be able to take a look and suggest me some options?

Expert:  Law Pro replied 3 years ago.
You aren't insured now?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I do have insurance with esurance but it is very high..

Expert:  Law Pro replied 3 years ago.
The only thing I can say about insurance is "shop, shop, shop". Just like real estate where it's "location, location, location" - with insurance it's shop every year about a month before your existing insurance lapses.

Then if you can "bundle" your auto insurance with your homeowners/renters - you can even get a better deal.

I would get estimates from Liberty Mutual, Progressive, and SafeAuto.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I shopped in all these, what I'm trying to find from you is there a way to reduce points that is in my record 2-3 years before?


Please let me know

Expert:  Law Pro replied 3 years ago.
The only way is by taking the Traffic Course but that can only remove so many points. The only other way is time - every year 3 points come off..