Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with over 24 years of law and traffic law
10285032

GA traffic question. As I was making a left turn, I got into

GA traffic question. As I was making a left turn, I got into an accident where another car hit the side of my car. They cited me as the at fault driver and told me I failed to yield when turning left. However, I know I had the green arrow, not just the green light. Is there any way I can prove this?
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

If you had a green arrow and not just a green light, then you had the right of way, as you suspect. The problem in these cases is that you need a witness to show you had the green arrow if the other party is claiming they had a green light as well. In the event where it is your word against their word, the court would have to dismiss the citation because they would not be able to establish fault and determine whether or not you had the arrow or the other party had the green light absent an independent witness to testify to what the light was.

Thank you so much for using JustAnswer.com. I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered. PLEASE use REPLY to EXPERT if you would like more information or if you feel something was not included in your answer.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.