Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer. Former judicial law clerk. Worked for District Attorney's Office in Traffic Court.

I was recently involved in a traffic collision, with multiple

I was recently involved in a traffic collision, with multiple vehicles, ultimately involved. I do not currently have insurance and neither does another driver. One insurance agency has declared me at fault. Am I responsible for the uninsured driver's vehicle, even though my vehicle did not collide with theirs?

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear that this happened.

If you caused the collision, then you could be responsible for any damages that result, even if you did not physically hit every single vehicle. For example, if Vehicle A hits Vehicle B and pushes it into Vehicle C, driver A is responsible. On the other hand, if cars were stopped due to an accident, and another car could have seen the accident and avoided hitting the other cars, than that driver might be at least partially responsible for the damages.

If you have any questions or concerns about what I've written, please reply so that I may address them. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I provide. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so that I get credit for answering your question. Thank you.