Ely, Attorney
Experience:  Private practice
7286322

is a failure to obey traffic control device ticket go on your

is a failure to obey traffic control device ticket go on your record? My husband is a semi truck driver and just got a ticket for this in Minnesota (he is from Indiana)
Hello friend. My name is XXXXX XXXXX welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (1) this is general information only, not legal advice, and, (2) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies.

I am sorry for your husband's situation. It goes on his record only if he is convicted of this offense. Please understand that the ticket itself is simply an allegation of the offense. The prosecutor has to prove the matter.

Finally, know that this is not a "criminal" record, but a traffic record which has a $125.00 fine. 169.06, subd. 4(a). In other words, this should not affect his license (HC class, or otherwise), even if he simply decides to send in the fine.

On the other hand, he can always plead NOT GUILTY and reset it for trial, and often, the prosecutor will agree to reduce to a non-moving violation, or dismiss all-together, even.

Gentle Reminder: Please use the REPLY button to keep chatting, or RATE my answer when we are finished. Kindly rate my answer as one of the top three faces and then submit, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith. (You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating.)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

SO if I am understanding this, it will count against his Commercial CLD class A record if he just pays the fine? He was in road construction and there was a sign saying no truck route, but he did not see it and the police were siting the semi-trucks as they came out of road construction.

Thank you for your reply.

MCSIA requires all moving violations be recorded on the driving record of a CDL holder. So this will be recorded, yes, but, if this is the ONLY thing that he has, then the chances are that it will not affect him because it is a very minor violation.

Gentle Reminder: Please use the REPLY button to keep chatting, or RATE and submit your rating when we are finished.