Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Run my own practice.

In San Francisco in a residential neighborhood do cars have

In San Francisco in a residential neighborhood do cars have to stop for you on a street corner if there is no stop sign or crosswalk?
Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.
My apologies but that is not the case. If there is no stop sign or crosswalk, then cars have the right-of-way, vehicles are only required to stop at designated points such as stop signs, red lights, or yield points. Otherwise vehicles are permitted to go without stopping.
Good luck!
Dimitry, Esq.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for the response. Just to clarify: this is still the case in a residential neighborhood on a street corner?
Thank you for your follow-up and you are most welcome.
A vehicle is not required to stop at every street corner, simply at those that have a stop sign (or other notice that a stop is required). If there are no signs the vehicle has the right of way and has no requirement to stop, be it a residential neighborhood, commercial, mixed, rural, or any other derivative. My answer applies to residential neighborhoods.
Good luck.
Dimitry, Esq.