Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Criminal Defense Attorney
Experience:  18+ years of high-volume criminal defense work from arraignment through plea or trial.

The same thing happened to me last night. The problem is I

The same thing happened to me last night. The problem is I will lose my job if this hits my record. I have a CT CDL and drive for a living. Im planning on pleading not guilty and pleading my case with the prosecutor. Should I get an attorney?  If so can you recommend one near Waterbury, CT

You've really answered your own question. If your career hangs on whether or not you ae convicted of this offense, you absolutely must get an attorney. Traffic attorneys can sometimes work miracles. For one thing those who practice nothing but traffic law spend all day every day doing traffic cases. They get to know all the police, prosecutors and judges, and because they help keep the daily calendars moving smoothly they can frequently get nice breaks on behalf of their clients.

This is no time to play Perry Mason. By all means plead not guilty and fight the matter as long as you have to in order to come out of this without a record. But don't think of doing it yourself. Traffic lawyers are relatively inexpensive compared to other types of lawyers, but whatver money you spend will be the best chance you have of continuing to draw a salary, And if you look at it that way it's cheap, whatever the price.

The terms of service on our website prevents us from recommending a particular lawyer or law firm. The best we can do here is to steer you to a legal referral service. The Connecticut Bar Association's Lawyer Referral Service is a useful source. They charge around $50 for the referral but that includes a free half hour consultation with the lawyer.

Alternatively, a highly regarded commercial lawyer referral service is Some of Martindale's attorneys are peer rated by clients and/or colleagues, which some customers find very useful.

Good luck!