Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Licensed Experienced Attorney/former law enforcement officer
26296561

If I bought a used 2003 van 6 days ago from a dealer with 131xxx

If I bought a used 2003 van 6 days ago from a dealer with 131xxx for 1850 plus trade in and I have barley put 500 miles on and the tranny went out is there any thing I can do?
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Alex Esquire :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to answer your question.

Alex Esquire :

Are you online with me?

Alex Esquire :

Welcome to JustAnswer.com

Alex Esquire :

I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.

Alex Esquire :

Can you please tell me if this used vehicle was sold to you by the dealer in "as is" condition without any warranty?

Customer:

This is hard to do on my cell I am here though

Customer:

Yeah I am sure it was as is so I am screwed

Alex Esquire :

Unfortunately, when a used vehicle is sold in "as is" condition, without any warranty, there would be no legal recourse against the dealer, unless the dealer some how had engaged in fraudulent or deceitful conduct related to the transaction or made material misrepresentations to the buyer about the used vehicle.

Customer:

?

Alex Esquire :

Does that make sense?

Customer:

Yeah I no they had to clear the codes off the dash but I can't proove it

Alex Esquire :

If you can prove such violation / fraud, then you might have a legal claim against this dealer.

Alex Esquire :

But, I agree, it is difficult to prove in most cases.

Alex Esquire :

Once again, I am very sorry to hear about this really unfortunate situation that you are in.,

Alex Esquire :

Can you please let me know if you have any related follow up questions for me?

Customer:

If I have a mechanic prove that lights should have been on but were not when I bought it by hooking it to a computer?

Alex Esquire :

Well, you would have to actually prove that it was the dealer or its employees who intentionally disconnected them to deceive you.

Customer:

Ok thank u

Alex Esquire :

Thank you and please click on excellent service rating, so I can receive credit for my answer.

Alex Esquire :

I wish you the best of luck and GOD bless you!

Alex J. Esq., Attorney
Experience: Licensed Experienced Attorney/former law enforcement officer