CriminalDefense, Attorney
Experience:  9 + years in Traffic Ticket Defense, DUI/DWI and Criminal Defense cases

I just received a ticket today and I want to fight it. What

I just received a ticket today and I want to fight it. What is the price per hour for a ticket.
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.

Good evening. Would you mind sharing with me what the ticket was for?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It is a speeding ticket but I was not speeding. I was enroute to work and was behind a motorcycle going approximately 25 mph in a 35 mph zone . I was very upset that he was going so slow. The police officer made a left hand turn onto my street. She made a uturn and then pulled me over, She said I was going 47/35. How can she clock me turning left from a light and then making a uturn to pull me.

Karen, thank you for the additional information. It is certainly in your best interest to retain a traffic ticket defense attorney to represent your legal interest. The first thing which they will want to do, is review the face of the citation and see if there is a legal basis to get it dismissed. If not, they will then have to look over the facts of the case and decide if it is in your best interest to work out a plea deal or to take the case to trial and make the State prove the allegation(s) against you. The officer will need to be present. If he/she fails to appear at trial, the case will likely be dismissed, unless a continuance is granted by the Judge, upon the showing of good cause. If the officer does appear, your attorney will be given a chance to cross examine them and attack their credibility. The attorney is going to want to inspect their documents and log book, to make sure that the speed measuring device was properly calibrated, that they have the citation logged and are certified to use the equipment. Moreover, they will question them about their training and experience, trying to create doubt that they may have not known what they were doing and improperly measured your speed. They will also raise any other possible defenses, which you may have, to try and obtain a finding of not guilty. As far as price goes, an attorney will not charge an hourly rate for representation for a speeding citation. They will charge a flat fee and for something like this, it could range from $70-$100. Most of the attorneys have competitive rates when it comes to traffic tickets, so it will not hurt to call a few to get a price quote but I am sure you will find them all mostly the same.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Do you think I can get it dismissed?

In order to get it dismissed, there would need to be a legal basis to support it. As such, there would need to be a problem/issue with the face of the citation, as to how it was written or if the officer fails to show at trial. If you go to trial, you could be found not guilty but if you want the Judge to hear your version of the story, it will have to be at trial.