Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  Former Asst State Attorney/Hearing Officer

so got ticket for Driving under suspension and careless driving.

so got ticket for Driving under suspension and careless driving. First offense. should i lawyer up and could you tell me abouts what it would cost
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am JudgeLaw and I will do whatever I can to answer your question and provide you excellent service.

I am sorry to hear of your dilemma. I realize that this is very frustrating for you but I hope I can provide information which will empower you in this matter.

Since both charges carry potential jail time and possible license suspension, it is highly recommended that you retain an attorney to go to court with you. The attorney can ensure that you obtain the best possible outcome and possibly even get the charges dismissed. Also, there is no reason you need to learn as you go.

If you need help finding an attorney try Martindale Hubble. Many attorneys themselves use this site to locate attorneys outside their jurisdiction or expertise:

It is a huge worldwide database searchable by location and specialty.

As far as cost, there is no set fee. You can negotiate it upfront. I would expect anywhere from $500 to $1500 depending on the attorney and specific facts of the case.

It has been my privilege to assist you. Let me know if you need further assistance.  I hope I have helped you beyond your expectations in the service I have provided to you.  I am here for you.

Please remember to rate my answer when our communication is completed so I will be compensated for my time in providing you with the information you requested.

If you feel the need to provide a low rating, please stop and reply to me via the REPLY button with whatever issue or clarification you may need. I will happily answer your follow-up questions and assist you until I am able to explain the answer to your satisfaction. Please also remember that I cannot control whether the law is favorable to your situation, so please do not penalize me for having to deliver bad news.

Thank you.