Marsha411JD, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed Attorney with 29 yrs. exp. with Traffic Law issues

My son received a ticket for driving with an expired license.

My son received a ticket for driving with an expired license. He received a notice to appear for arraignment in Lansing, MI 54-A District Court. He was previously in court (about 1-1/2 to 2 years ago for retail fraud). He has not had any other problems with the law. What can we expect to happen a the arraignment.

Thank you for the information and your question. Typically, if the driver has their renewed license when they go to court, the judge will usually dismiss the ticket outright. But, it really depends on the particular judge. At arraingment though, your son can either plead not guilty or guilty, if the court or prosecutor does not dismiss the charge. If he pleads not guilty, the court will set a trial date. If he pleads guilty the court will fine him.

Please let me know if you need any clarification. I would be glad to assist you further if I can.

Hello again,

I wanted to touch base with you and make sure that you did not have any follow up questions for me from the legal question I answered for you on the 8th. The Site has been a little buggy lately so the Experts are not always getting replies or ratings that the customer thinks have gone through. In your case I received neither. If you are having technical difficulties with reading, replying or rating, please let me know so that I can inform the Site administrator.

In any event, it was a pleasure assisting you and I would be glad to attempt to assist you further on this issue if needed.

Thank you.