SoloLawyer
SoloLawyer, Attorney
Experience:  I help clients deal with traffic tickets on a weekly basis.
18210975

I live in South Carolina. B4 moving to SC I was a resident

I live in South Carolina. B4 moving to SC I was a resident and a licensed driver in Maryland. I would like a SC license but my MD license is suspended because of a driving an uninsured vehicle ticket on a car I no longer own, and a driving on a suspended license ticket I got when I was pulled over for driving without a seatbelt. I have since wrote the Court, paid the 25$ seatbelt ticket, and have been giving new trail dates for the driving uninsured vehicle ticket and the the driving on a suspended license. My ultimate goal is to get a SC license but I would like to know can I take care of the 2 remaining tickets without having to travel to MD which would be very difficult

SoloLawyer :

Thank you for contacting JustAnswer. My name is Michael; I look forward to assisting you today.

SoloLawyer :

Most courts are going to want you to appear in person in this type of case. You have the option of calling the court to find out if you can plead guilty/pay the fine over the phone, but it is up to them if they allow you to do that or not. The only other option is to find an attorney in MD to appear on your behalf. As you can imagine, the attorney's fee may be more expensive than the tickets themselves.

SoloLawyer :

Because you were given new trial dates, I believe you are going to have to appear.