How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask N Cal Atty Your Own Question
N Cal Atty
N Cal Atty, Attorney
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 9215
Experience:  Since 1983
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
N Cal Atty is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can I leagaly ride a motorcycle that I put a conversion kit

This answer was rated:

Can I leagaly ride a motorcycle that I put a conversion kit on that makes it a trike but has the rear wheel of the bike still on it so 4 wheels touchn the ground. I understand that under the US Disability Act I can. I am 62 and my legs hurt a lot and I cannot control a 2 wheeled motorcycle . I am in Wash. State. Allso tnen ,if I can ride it under the US Disability Act how would go about this to be able to show the law that I can in fact leagaly ride my bike?

Hi, I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am ok with waiting for an answer.

Thank you for your patience. We will continue the search for a professional for you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Am isupposed to do something right now.


We're still searching for a professional to help you. You should receive an email as soon as one replies to you.

Thank you again for your patience.

Thank you for your patience, your business is very important to us, we are waiting for the right professional to come online. Feel free to let us know if you would like us to continue searching for a professional or if you would like us to close your question. Thank you for your understanding!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Please continue as I need an answer.

Thank you for your continued patience while we continue our search.


Was the vehicle registered as street legal before you made the modifications?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, the vehicle was, and is registered as street legal. Sorry it took so long to answer you as I had to be away from my computer for some time.

My opinion is that the modifications basically make this a homemade vehicle and you would need to have it inspected by the Washington State Patrol to be sure that it is still street legal.

The State Patrol performs physical inspections on vehicles that have been rebuilt after being destroyed or declared a total loss by an insurance company. They also will perform physical inspections as required on vehicles reported stolen, homemade vehicles, or other vehicles without a proper VIN, when there is a VIN discrepancy, when there is a record dispute, when ownership is in doubt, or other special cases.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

You make no mention as to weather or not I can ride this motorcycle under the US Dissability Act and how I would go about it.

The ADA does not address any issues relating to your own privately owned vehicle.
N Cal Atty, Attorney
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 9215
Experience: Since 1983
N Cal Atty and other Traffic Law Specialists are ready to help you
Thank you for accepting my answer, and thank you very much for the bonus!

Related Traffic Law Questions