Jack R.
Jack R., Arbitrator
Experience:  Attorney with experience handling traffic related legal issues.

The state of Virginia is threatening to suspend my license

The state of Virginia is threatening to suspend my license for not turning my tags in on time after insurance was cancelled on a parked car. I currently hold a Florida driver's license and no longer reside in the state of VA. If they suspend my license in Virginia, will my Florida license also be suspended?

Thank you for choosing Just Answer.

You should clear yp the suspension as soon as possible. While your right to drive in Florida will not be immediately impacted you will run in to problems at renewal time.

State motor vehicle agencies provide the Nation Driver Registry (NDR) with the names of individuals who have lost their privilege to drive. When you go to apply for a license or renewal your state will check to see if your name is XXXXX XXXXX NDR list. Your renewal will be denied until you clear up the suspension which can be an arduous matter.

If you found this answer useful please press the appropriate quality of service button of 3 or greater. This is needed so I can get credit for my answer. If you have follow up questions please ask.

This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship.Information provided here is not legal advice. Rather it is simply general information.