Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I was charged with no plates, insurance,or registration with

I was charged with no plates, insurance,or registration with a vehicle in transit . The vehicle was sitting U S customs parking lot when charge was laid. Can they lay these charges when vehicle had not moved for 1.5 hrs and was parked on U.S. customs parking lot?
Hello:

Who,charged you, U.S. authorities? Under U.S law?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

New York state police New York Traffic Law

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. Kindly use CONTINUE or REPLY button to ask for clarification or follow-up questions.

Response: Unfortunately, yes they can regardless of whether the car had been moved or where the car was parked. You need to arrange to pay for the tickets if you are not disputing the charges. Otherwise, your license would be suspended. Click on the link below for more information on how to enter your plea and/or pay for your ticket:

http://www.dmv.ny.gov/PleadandPay/default.html

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Ok thanks for answering. Do I need to use a New York lawyer to fight the case or can I use my Ontario lawyer?

Response: You need to use New York Lawyer because the ticket was given in New York State.

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-law
Experience: B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.