SoloLawyer, Attorney
Experience:  I help clients deal with traffic tickets on a weekly basis.

I just recieved a speeding ticket exiting a military base.

I just recieved a speeding ticket exiting a military base. I was wondering of the legality for traffic enforcement officers waiting outside being that the only people exiting are military personnel and DOD civillians. Is this a type of profiling or targeting a specific group of individuals?
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  SoloLawyer replied 4 years ago.

SoloLawyer :

Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is Michael; I am a licensed attorney and looking forward to helping you with your question today.

SoloLawyer :

Unfortunately, if you were speeding, you committed the crime and whether the officer was "waiting" outside the base won't affect the legality of the ticket. It's the same circumstance as when officers wait outside of a school (where there are slower zones) or at the edges of cities (where highways turn into city roads).