How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask traffic77777 Your Own Question

traffic77777, Attorney
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 343
Experience:  Attorney
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
traffic77777 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

what is a non waivable misdemeanor (received for driving 69

Resolved Question:

what is a non waivable misdemeanor (received for driving 69 mph in a 35 mph zone)? What are the likely penalties for someone with no record?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  traffic77777 replied 3 years ago.
1. What state?
2. Did you already go to the hearing?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Am I going to get another response? I don't understand whats happening and the status still says "We're waiting for you". My answer is 1. North Carolina and 2. No, is Aug. 10th
Expert:  traffic77777 replied 3 years ago.
I apologize for the delay, the system is acting strange today. Non waivable misdemeanor means that the court appearance is mandatory, non-waivable. Although you may hire an attorney to go to court instead of you if it’s too far for you to make a personal appearance. The fine will be determined in court on a case-by-case basis, but since you have a perfect driving record, it will likely be in the range of several hundred dollars, $200-400. Unfortunately, cannot give you a precise figure because that is up to the judge to decide. There are several venues of fighting this charge available to you, depending on how much time and effort you want to invest into this.

1) You can fight the ticket by requesting discovery to see if there is anything wrong with the radar certificate. Also request officer's radar training records, notes, etc. Sometimes the police is so sloppy, they don't provide the necessary documents in the discovery, which means they cannot introduce them later at trial. In that case, you would have to object and say that such documents should not be admitted into evidence because you were not provided an opportunity to examine them in discovery. Some jurisdictions require you to serve your discovery request upon the prosecution and file a copy with the court, some limit the scope of discovery. So, call the court clerk to see what the requirements are and adjust this discovery request template accordingly to suit your case:
To: [XXXX Court, XXX District Attorney]

From: [Your full name and address]

Re: [Ticket/case number]

I am requesting full discovery for the above case, including:

* The front and back of the ticket
* Officer's notes
* Log book of the officer for the day of the violation
* The citation issuance policies in effect for the police department on [the date of your alleged violation]
* Radar/laser device make, model, serial number, options, and age
* Radar/laser device calibration certificates and calibration log sheets for the year before the violation (and months following if available)
* All other maintenance and repair history of the radar/laser device
* Failure and error rates of the radar/laser device
* The officer's certificate of competency
* Records relating to the training received by the officer regarding the use of the radar/laser device including including dates, location, and instructor name and address
* The training materials used by the officer when training on the radar/laser device
* Date that the officer first used the radar/laser device
* The full witness list
* All sworn affidavits
* All other evidence to be used by the prosecution


2) Appear in court and try to plea bargain with the prosecuting attorney right before the hearing. You would have to agree to plead guilty to a lesser offense which carries lesser fine/points. Clean driving record would help.

3) If the prosecutor is not willing to give a deal, the judge likely will if you show up to the hearing to explain the situation, bring up all the mitigating circumstances, your perfect driving record, financial hardship. Your perfect driving record means the judge will likely reduce this to a simple infraction (non-misdemeanor). You can request Prayer for Judgment Continued (PJC) from the judge. PJC essentially allows you to plead guilty without having the plea entered against you. It is a win-win situation generally, because the prosecutor can count it as a conviction, but in general it does not count as a conviction against the defendant.

4) Even if none of the above works, traffic school may be an option to reduce/erase the points from the record. Traffic schools can be completed online, sometimes for as little as $25, and may result in insurance premiums decrease, as well as point reduction.

This is a serious charge, so consider retaining an attorney. Many attorneys offer free initial consultation, so you have nothing to lose by calling up a few of them to get some free tips or at least find out where you realistically stand. In evaluating attorneys, make sure they have satisfactory answers as far as plea bargaining strategy, what realistic outcome they expect, experience, etc. To find a suitable paid lawyer at a decent price, I recommend you start with NC state bar-approved lawyer referral service:
traffic77777, Attorney
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 343
Experience: Attorney
traffic77777 and other Traffic Law Specialists are ready to help you

JustAnswer in the News:

Ask-a-doc Web sites: If you've got a quick question, you can try to get an answer from sites that say they have various specialists on hand to give quick answers... seen a spike since October in legal questions from readers about layoffs, unemployment and severance.
Web sites like
...leave nothing to chance.
Traffic on JustAnswer rose 14 percent...and had nearly 400,000 page views in 30 days...inquiries related to stress, high blood pressure, drinking and heart pain jumped 33 percent.
Tory Johnson, GMA Workplace Contributor, discusses work-from-home jobs, such as JustAnswer in which verified Experts answer people’s questions.
I will tell you that...the things you have to go through to be an Expert are quite rigorous.

What Customers are Saying:

  • Mr. Kaplun clearly had an exceptional understanding of the issue and was able to explain it concisely. I would recommend JustAnswer to anyone. Great service that lives up to its promises! Gary B. Edmond, OK
< Previous | Next >
  • Mr. Kaplun clearly had an exceptional understanding of the issue and was able to explain it concisely. I would recommend JustAnswer to anyone. Great service that lives up to its promises! Gary B. Edmond, OK
  • My Expert was fast and seemed to have the answer to my taser question at the tips of her fingers. Communication was excellent. I left feeling confident in her answer. Eric Redwood City, CA
  • I am very pleased with JustAnswer as a place to go for divorce or criminal law knowledge and insight. Michael Wichita, KS
  • PaulMJD helped me with questions I had regarding an urgent legal matter. His answers were excellent. Three H. Houston, TX
  • Anne was extremely helpful. Her information put me in the right direction for action that kept me legal, possible saving me a ton of money in the future. Thank you again, Anne!! Elaine Atlanta, GA
  • It worked great. I had the facts and I presented them to my ex-landlord and she folded and returned my deposit. The 50 bucks I spent with you solved my problem. Tony Apopka, FL
  • Wonderful service, prompt, efficient, and accurate. Couldn't have asked for more. I cannot thank you enough for your help. Mary C. Freshfield, Liverpool, UK

Meet The Experts:

  • Dimitry K., Esq.

    Dimitry K., Esq.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Run my own practice.
< Last | Next >
  • Dimitry K., Esq.'s Avatar

    Dimitry K., Esq.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Run my own practice.
  • Ely's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Private practice
  • Marsha411JD's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Licensed Attorney with 29 yrs. exp. with Traffic Law issues
  • LawTalk's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    I have 30 years experience in the practice of law, including representation of clients in Traffic Court.
  • Tina's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    JD, 17 year experience including traffic law.
  • SoloLawyer's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    I help clients deal with traffic tickets on a weekly basis.
  • Brandon M.'s Avatar

    Brandon M.

    Counselor at Law

    Satisfied Customers:

    Licensed Attorney

Related Traffic Law Questions