DUSLaw
DUSLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Years of experience as a criminal and traffic law attorney
5180018

My license was revoked 5 years ago due to three DWI convictions.

My license was revoked 5 years ago due to three DWI convictions. I am trying to get my license back and the DMV tells me that they are re-writing their own laws, so no one can give me an answer as to when I might get my license back. What can I do? How could you help me? I have job offers left and right and cannot accept them, due to the lack of license.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  DUSLaw replied 2 years ago.

I am sorry to hear that you have many job offers but the DMV is not able to give you a target date as to where they would consider your application for reinstatement.

Based upon review of your question it seems that you focus is primarily upon how to get your license back after the 3rd DWI.

Unlike a court, the Department of Motor Vehicles is a purely administrative process which has regulations outside of the traditional court system set by codes/law. Three or more alcohol-related convictions in New York State within ten years can result in permanent revocation of a driver's license. Although waiver requests are permitted after five months of revocation, the Department of Motor Vehicles will be the final determinant in when and whether or not a license can be returned. This is not an automatic process. In fact, the convicted driver must reapply for a license and may be required to take a driver's test again.

Unfortunately the DMV is use to having people make the continuous request and contacting them even weekly will most likely not improve your chances. The best way to solve this problem is to hire an attorney to seek the request on your behalf. There is never a guarantee but the administrative judge would give more credibility to the attorney and the attorney would understand how best to address issues raised by the judge.
DUSLaw, Attorney
Experience: Years of experience as a criminal and traffic law attorney
Expert:  DUSLaw replied 2 years ago.

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Let me know if there is anything else I can help answer for you.

Let me know,