Brandon M.
Brandon M., Counselor at Law
Experience:  Licensed Attorney

In Pennsylvania, is it illegal to drive with your left foot

In Pennsylvania, is it illegal to drive with your left foot if your right foot is in a walking boot/cast.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Brandon M. replied 5 years ago.
Hello there:

There is no law disallowing that. You can operate a vehicle using only one foot... either foot. Heck, one-legged people may be licensed to operate the vehicle.

Still, although I have no way of assessing your ability to safely operate a vehicle in your condition, if your employers feel that it is unsafe for you to operate the vehicle and are concerned about the liability to them, that is their right unless the assessment is clearly unjustified.

I hope that this helps you to understand the law in your situation. Let me know if I may be of further assistance. Thank you.