Marsha411JD, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed Attorney with 29 yrs. exp. with Traffic Law issues
19127644

what is Calif violation code 23593A

what is Calif violation code 23593A
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 6 years ago.

If you are talking about California Vehicle Code 23593a, then that is a statute that requires a court to advise a person charged with DUI of certain provisions of the law. The statute is set out below and the court must make the statements set out in the statute.

23593. (a) The court shall advise a person convicted of a violation of Section 23103, as specified in Section 23103.5, or a violation of Section 23152 or 23153, as follows:

"You are hereby advised that being under the influence of alcohol or drugs, or both, impairs your ability to safely operate a motor vehicle. Therefore, it is extremely dangerous to human life to drive while under the influence of alcohol or drugs, or both. If you continue to drive while under the influence of alcohol or drugs, or both, and, as a result of that driving, someone is killed, you can be charged with murder."

(b) The advisory statement may be included in a plea form, if used, or the fact that the advice was given may be specified on the record.

(c) The court shall include on the abstract of the conviction or violation submitted to the department under Section 1803 or 1816, the fact that the person has been advised as required under subdivision (a).

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
accept, but unable to print?
Hello again,

In order to accept, you will need to click the green button marked ACCEPT. As far as printing your response goes, I am not a computer expert by any stretch of the imagination but I have been able to print by just going to the top of the search engine page that says "file" and then using the "print" command to print. Sometimes if you are using Internet Explorer, you may have difficulty printing. I use Firefox.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX windows and I'd tried to print via "fiole' no lunck.

I'll write out your response.

Okay, you can also see a copy of the statute by going to: http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d11_5/vc23593.htm