How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JD Your Own Question
JD, Lawyer
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 1335
Experience:  Over 11 years in practice as a litigator ... civil and criminal
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have got a ticket under section 6110 subsec a on PA

Resolved Question:

I have got a ticket under section 6110 subsec a on PA turnpike

The charge in the ticket is under other category as REG OF TRAFFIC ON PA TPK

The ticket has nature of offense as speeding 80 in 65 mph zone RADAR checked

but the officer told there wont be any points due to this.

I hold a virginia drivers license will it affect my points. if i plead guilty and pay the fine.

Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  JD replied 7 years ago.

The section you were charged under carries no points. As you can see through the link below, the officer elected to charge you with violating the "Regulation of Traffic on Pennsylvania Turnpike" law. This violation does not carry the same penalties and consequences as the speeding laws of Pennsylvania.

As you can see, there is only a $25 fine and costs. As you can see at the link below, this section is not included on the point assessments from the PA DMV.

While Pennsylvania does not assess points for this violation I would still check your local Virginia DMV before making a decision. Normally Virginia will not assess points for minor out of state violations (even of the other state does), but I would confirm it before sending my fine.

You can always appear in court and ask for alternatives to have the ticket dismissed or contest the matter if necessary.

Please reply if I can help further.


Customer: replied 7 years ago.
What alternatives can i ask for this kind of violation... also i donot have a court date on the ticket .
Expert:  JD replied 7 years ago.

If you have no previous citations then it is common to grant a dismissal for completion of a driver's safety course and payment of court costs. Your citation should have a contact number for questions, make contact and ask if there is a court date set or if you must first challenge the citation before a court date is set. Since you received a break at the side of the road, you may not wish to attempt to contest the matter as the officer could charge you with speeding.

Again, you are probably fine to simply pay the citation but I would check Virginia DMV first.

Please reply if I can help further.


JD and other Traffic Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Traffic Law Questions