Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a 2007 Camry Hybrid. Can you help, So far i am fixing

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Camry Hybrid. Can you help
JA: Are you fixing your Camry Hybrid yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: So far i am fixing it.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I get a Check Hybrid System after bateery charges to Level 6. I dont get this between Level 1 to Level 6. After that when i turn off my vehicle and try to start back, the ready indicator does not show up and car wont start. At this point i have to use my OBD-2 to clear the fault codes and then the car will start. The OBD-2 scan toold does not show any fault codes.
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: yes. All is good
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 12 days ago.

Hey how are you

the fact when you hook up the obd II and then it runs ,tells us the obdII when plugged in is power up the ecu and that is why it starts , will stay running unplugged ?

your OBDII will not show faults since there is no engine faults, what you need is a capable diagnostic scanner that can read the various module in your car

all fuse checked ?OBDII basic code reader will not communicate with this vehcile module ?

is hv battery display full for charge level ?

has the auxliare battery the 12 volt one been checked

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
The Auxillary battery is checked and its new. I dont understand why i get Hybrid System Check when battery charge reaches Level 6 which is about 80-85%.

well because it could be over charging , the charge level sensor could be erratic , the HV ecu could be causing this , what other warning light

it could be the ecu is keeping the charge on hv battery longer then what it supposed to and overheating the HV battery !!,

The Scanner is necessary here or you will end up throwing parts at it ,get the fault codes and i can give you the trouble shoot you need to narrow it down

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat