Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

The Radio does not come on. I checked the fuses and the are

The Radio does not come on. I checked the fuses and the are all OK (according to the meter), I have not changed the battery. The car did sit in my driveway for 4 months but I have began using it again-the radio worked then it just died. At first it would play then stop-I would turn off the car and then it would play for a very short time and then die. Now I get nothing! Everything else works in the car except the radio. There are only 50,,000 miles on this car. Never had the radio die.
JA: Does the battery look like it's leaking? And does it have a strong smell -- like sulfur?
Customer: No-battery looks perfect
JA: What is the model/year of your Toyota?
Customer: 2012
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Checked the fuses, check the battery
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just spent 800.00 at the Toyota dealer this is why I am trying to fix it on my own

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I'm here to help 365 days a year, but not every hour of the day. I try to prevent delays as much as possible. Please understand I am not there and can only advise based on what you tell me. Let's get started.

Sorry no one has helped so far, others may have thought this was a hard concern to address online. I believe I can help if help is still needed. Just reply and let me know.

Chris

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Still no radio after checking and changing fuse, even checked the battery as described in a you tube video . I can't see any wire damage, the only time I get something up on the stereo is if I push the phone key and it comes up on the screen"Car Audio Passkey then it says searching. Other everything in the Rav works

If the screen works but no sound then it is the radio or the amp. If the radio screen is not working then we can remove the radio and confirm all power and ground wires to it are working as they should. If that is good then it is the radio that is bad. If you can do this test let me know so I can walk you through it.

Please make sure to rate my answer prior to logging off, as this is how I get credit for helping you. If you have not yet received 5 star excellent service from me. Please follow up so you get everything from me that you expected from the deposit you have already paid, which I get nothing of till you rate me. Rating does not close the post nor prevent replying at a later date.

Thanks Moose

Hello Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. If not please reply so we can resolve your issue together.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
OK response-sadly I got the same answer from You tube-could have saved myself 20.00!

So you are saying my answer was correct just not what you wanted to hear? What do you mean by saying 20$. You paid that fee to the website already. I got paid nothing from that fee because you did not rate my response.

Sorry you were not pleased 5 star excellent with my help. Do you need more help?