Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Please which cable brings speed sensor pulses to the

Customer Question

Please which cable brings speed sensor pulses to the speedometer in Toyota Tacoma 2008 model.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Merc320 replied 2 months ago.

Hi

Its normally incorporated in the front hub ,wheel bearing and ABS If not there then it will be a potentiometer in the gearbox.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks Merc320, but I am asking about cable / wire colour directly connecting behind the speedometer dashboard / instrument panel.
Expert:  Merc320 replied 2 months ago.

Hi

The instrument panel will be printed circuit so you will be unable to do anything to it.

If the speedo isnt working it will be one of the items mentioned in last chat

I hope this is of use to you.

Please keep me posted.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi, please I want you to understand me. A cable or wire brings speed pulse signals behind the instrument panel for the speedometer to work and show vehicle speed. I am asking for the color of this wire for Toyota Tacoma 2008 model. I am trying to pick the signal from there for installation of a vehicle speed limiter. Thanks
Expert:  Merc320 replied 2 months ago.

Hi

I will opt out good luck

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
We just found out that it is a black/ white cable after so many trials and errors. Its working now.
Expert:  Merc320 replied 2 months ago.

Fantastic

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks. Actually, I am working on a project requiring installation of vehicle speed Limiters in various vehicles. Ideally, I will like to have a list or catalog of vss cables for different toyotal vehicles from 1995 to 2017. Of course, if I have a Toyota expert who can charge a fee to prepare this for me, I will appreciate it a lot. Today, I managed to Google after almost 2 hours before I could get information concerning Toyota Tacoma 2005 model which turned out to be a purple cable with white stripe in a socket behind the vehicle instrument panel. And when we tried it , it worked fine. The bot***** *****ne is that I need a list containing toyota vehicles by type, model and year just showing the color of cable that brings pulses to speedometer for vehicle speed measurement. This of course is for Toyota vehicles employing electrical speed sensing and not the old mechanical system. Its a huge project and I have to do same is experts for other vehicle brands including Ford, Nissan, Honda, GMC vehicles etc.
Expert:  Merc320 replied 2 months ago.

Good luck all for a good cause