sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Will not power on at all. Not even windows, Yes, 2000 Toyota

Customer Question

Will not power on at all. Not even windows
JA: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?
Customer: Yes
JA: What is the model/year of your Toyota?
Customer: 2000 Toyota Avalon XL
JA: Are you fixing your Avalon yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have tried nothing
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No just connect please
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Toyota
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are quite a few things that could be going on and some electrical testing may be required to determine what is wrong. If the vehicle is electrically dead though then it's most likely a battery or cable/connection issue.

The first thing that should be done is check the battery cables and connections. If ok then the next thing I would recommend is to try a jump start (not always reliable), swapping in a known good battery or having the battery load tested. Most big chain parts stores will load test batteries for free.

If the battery and connections are ok then the next step would be to check all fuses. If ok then some electrical testing will be required from there.

I hope that helps! My goal is your satisfaction today. If you feel I've been professional and helpful, your 5-star rating at this time is most appreciated. However, if you still need my help you can reply back here and I'll respond as soon as possible! Thank you!