Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

The dealer checked my batter during a recent service visit.

Customer Question

the dealer checked my batter during a recent service visit. The Blue Tooth system worked perfectly the day before the visit. Right after my callers could not hear me. I went back and while trying to reload the software my system would not accept the update. The service manager said they would need the car for a day or two to figure this out. A loaner would be needed and when asked specifically about the issue and how much I would be on the hook for he responded nothing it happened here and is covered by warranty. The car is a 14 Venza 3.5 AWD XLE with 60 on it. The car is with the dealer I spoke to the service writer the 1st day and they could not load the software. the 2nd day I spoke to the Service manager who hinted that it was not their fault, "as any Toyota dealer" and he would need to go to Toyota Goodwill for help, the microphone would need to be replaced and the part would be $1k. Since its part of the overhead consol the part does list for $485. I've never fully trusted this dealership, and this is my 2nd car from them, don't ask, your thoughts gave them a 2nd chance on my second toyoya
JA: What is the model/year of your Toyota?
Customer: 2014
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I tried pairing the phone after deleting the phone and entune with no luck, it with the dealer as we speak for the past 5 days waiting for Toyota to respond.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: n o
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 13 days ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. I would recommend that you contact the Toyota Customer Experience Center ("CEC")tomorrow. The CEC should be advised of this issue. Clearly, the dealer is unable to figure out the issue properly and is recommending expensive parts that may (or may NOT) be needed. If there are parts that ARE needed, the CEC may assist on offsetting your costs. The number for the CEC is 1-***-***-****

If you have any questions, please feel free to reply. Please do take a moment to confirm you have received my input. Thanks