Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

2002 Sequoia, lost power to clock, cigarette lighter and

Customer Question

2002 Sequoia, lost power to clock, cigarette lighter and power mirrors. All fuses are good. Everythng else is working properly
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Mark G replied 4 months ago.

Good day. I am Mark and I'll be helping you with your issue.

Expert:  Mark G replied 4 months ago.

You need to check the CIG fuse again. The lighter and the mirrors share the same fuse.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Checked trpiles swapped fuses nothing changes. Going to break out the dmm shortly
Expert:  Mark G replied 4 months ago.

Yes. You need to check the voltage at the fuse. You no you can go into the back of the fuse if your probes are pointy enough? https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-a-car-fuse

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Yep, I know. I'm thnking its something befoer the 15A Cifuse. The AM1 and AM2 knda mix it up circuit wie. When referencing the window digram it icoporates the am1 and 2, vs only the am1 with cigarette plug, the clock is also referenced to the cig and the am2 (maybe 1) and shows it utilizes some of the same paths but not all the same paths as the cig lighter and windows. Its a piss poor design of redundancies
.
Expert:  Mark G replied 4 months ago.

I see a couple fusible links in line too.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Well, I went out to start testing, turned the key and everything powered up as it should have, clock is back on, mirrors work again, lighter has power... Ghost in the machine... I appreciate your time. I've read a few a few tales of this happening on corolla's and camry's and one other 02 sequoia. Makes me think theres a relay failing somewhere.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Well, 5 miles down the road and power is gone again. Do you happen to have a diagram showing location of links and relays?
Expert:  Mark G replied 4 months ago.

Maybe a loose connection somewhere. There is an ACC relay but it looks like it is for the power outlets only. Sometimes fuse blocks can get intermittent internally. But hey you are done. Later.

Expert:  Mark G replied 4 months ago.

Yes I do. http://www.autozone.com/repairguides/Toyota-Land-Cruiser-Sequoia-6-2001-06/Overall-Electrical-Wiring-Diagram-2002/Overall-Electrical-Wiring-Diagram-2002-3/_/P-0996b43f80382c00

Whole bunch.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have all those, but they don't address exact location in vehicle
Expert:  Mark G replied 4 months ago.

Well the cig one is under the dash. The am's are on on the fender apron. The links are ou there too.

if you want I can opt out. And maybe someone has better diagrams and expertise.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I definitely need someone who's familiar with the system vs someone struck where I'm stuck lol
Expert:  Marty replied 4 months ago.

Hi, perhaps I can help. My name is***** we start by posting the vin number so I can look up the specific wiring diagram for your car?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I spent most of the day yesterday troubleshooting everything. Found power to the cig fuse to be intermittent. I kept digging and found that the connections there were sloppy. Rigged up a holder that keeps pressure on the wiring and everything retained function from 2pm on. Think I'm going to replace the box for good measure. What a finicky pita this thing is Lol
Expert:  Marty replied 4 months ago.

Looks like you may have found the problem. Let me know if you need further assistance.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Will do
Expert:  Marty replied 4 months ago.

Just checking in. Is everything still working?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
far so good, keeping fingers crossed and butt-cheeks clamped over every bump lol
Expert:  Marty replied 4 months ago.

LOL. I know what you mean!