Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

2002 Sequoia, lost power to clock, cigarette lighter and

Customer Question

2002 Sequoia, lost power to clock, cigarette lighter and power mirrors. All fuses are good. Everythng else is working properly
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Mark G replied 1 month ago.

Good day. I am Mark and I'll be helping you with your issue.

Expert:  Mark G replied 1 month ago.

You need to check the CIG fuse again. The lighter and the mirrors share the same fuse.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Checked trpiles swapped fuses nothing changes. Going to break out the dmm shortly
Expert:  Mark G replied 1 month ago.

Yes. You need to check the voltage at the fuse. You no you can go into the back of the fuse if your probes are pointy enough? https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-a-car-fuse

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Yep, I know. I'm thnking its something befoer the 15A Cifuse. The AM1 and AM2 knda mix it up circuit wie. When referencing the window digram it icoporates the am1 and 2, vs only the am1 with cigarette plug, the clock is also referenced to the cig and the am2 (maybe 1) and shows it utilizes some of the same paths but not all the same paths as the cig lighter and windows. Its a piss poor design of redundancies
.
Expert:  Mark G replied 1 month ago.

I see a couple fusible links in line too.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Well, I went out to start testing, turned the key and everything powered up as it should have, clock is back on, mirrors work again, lighter has power... Ghost in the machine... I appreciate your time. I've read a few a few tales of this happening on corolla's and camry's and one other 02 sequoia. Makes me think theres a relay failing somewhere.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Well, 5 miles down the road and power is gone again. Do you happen to have a diagram showing location of links and relays?
Expert:  Mark G replied 1 month ago.

Maybe a loose connection somewhere. There is an ACC relay but it looks like it is for the power outlets only. Sometimes fuse blocks can get intermittent internally. But hey you are done. Later.

Expert:  Mark G replied 1 month ago.

Yes I do. http://www.autozone.com/repairguides/Toyota-Land-Cruiser-Sequoia-6-2001-06/Overall-Electrical-Wiring-Diagram-2002/Overall-Electrical-Wiring-Diagram-2002-3/_/P-0996b43f80382c00

Whole bunch.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have all those, but they don't address exact location in vehicle
Expert:  Mark G replied 1 month ago.

Well the cig one is under the dash. The am's are on on the fender apron. The links are ou there too.

if you want I can opt out. And maybe someone has better diagrams and expertise.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I definitely need someone who's familiar with the system vs someone struck where I'm stuck lol
Expert:  Marty replied 1 month ago.

Hi, perhaps I can help. My name is***** we start by posting the vin number so I can look up the specific wiring diagram for your car?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I spent most of the day yesterday troubleshooting everything. Found power to the cig fuse to be intermittent. I kept digging and found that the connections there were sloppy. Rigged up a holder that keeps pressure on the wiring and everything retained function from 2pm on. Think I'm going to replace the box for good measure. What a finicky pita this thing is Lol
Expert:  Marty replied 1 month ago.

Looks like you may have found the problem. Let me know if you need further assistance.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Will do
Expert:  Marty replied 1 month ago.

Just checking in. Is everything still working?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
far so good, keeping fingers crossed and butt-cheeks clamped over every bump lol
Expert:  Marty replied 1 month ago.

LOL. I know what you mean!