Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  master tech at Toyota dealer
24571351

Remote start doesn't get enough gas to start. When I start

remote start doesn't get enough gas to start. When I start it manually and press on the gas there is a harsh jerk but then it starts fine.
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: IDK about the fuel efficiency. The start is much harsher over the last week.
JA: What is the model/year of your Toyota?
Customer: 1997 corolla dx
JA: Are you fixing your Corolla yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing. trying to determine if I need Gumout cleaner or bad fuel pump or bad PCV valve or what to try first
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: just that it has been very cold this week if that effects it

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** Toyota master tech. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your input so I can he lp you better.I read your notes and have a question before we start. Have you done a proper tune up on it recently?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No, I have not had a tune up in like two years. Two years ago I got new plugs and a wire harness.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Just now, this morning. I tried my remote start. The ran for about one or two seconds and then died. The automatic re-attempt to start failed.Then I went downstairs. Used the key, just turned the key, did not pump the gas and the car started and continue to run.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ya know what. I'm gonna change the spark plugs, pcv valve. Air and fuel filter.
Thanks

Let me know after you tune it up what happens, is that remote factory or aftermarket?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'll be doing the plugs & pcv valve on saturday. thanks

I'' wait till you reply back then.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I discovered I have another problem. Oil is seeping out through valve gasket. I think I will get a tune up and have that gasket changed at the same time. We can close the question because it might take a few weeks to get the works done. Thanks.

I cannot close this untill you have rated me, sorry.