Joshua Haynes
Joshua Haynes,
Experience:  Lead Technician/ Manager at Precision Tune Auto Care
93804480

I have a scion xb 2008. Autozone tested for error codes

Customer Question

HI! I have a scion xb 2008. Autozone tested for error codes because my check engine light came on and csv light is flashing. codes are P2401, P043E, P043F, P2402 and P2419. I'm reading a lot that says it has to do with the vapor canister. I'm wondering how safe it is to drive until I can figure out how to fix it?
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: The engine light stays on the other flashes
JA: Are you fixing your xB yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have someone that might fix it for me if I know what parts I need. Just came on this morning so I drove it to work about 30 miles. It didn't overheat or make any odd noises.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just had the water pump replaced last week and wondered if it could have happened then. It also sat for four days over the weekend in freezing weather and snow.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Joshua Haynes replied 4 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you. There is a very common issue with these vehicles that involves the splash guard causing water to get into the fuel canister. I will attach the technical service bulletin from Toyota to assist.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask. If you are satisfied with my answer, please take a moment to leave a positive rating.

Hi, have you had a chance to look into the service bulletin? Do you have any further questions?