Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a 2014 Corolla. When I switch to USB (I tried 2 that

Customer Question

I have a 2014 Corolla. When I switch to USB (I tried 2 that were working fine), the display flashes Error 4 and no songs will play. 2 significant weather changes occurred overnight immediately prior to the problem, which may have contributed to the problem. 1) Ambiant temperature went down to -19 degrees and stayed there for hours. 2) The end of the exhaust pipe was buried in snow approximately 10 minutes when I started the car and let it idle. The smell of exhaust inside the car prompted me to clear the snow. About 10 minutes after that I tried to play an .mp3 song from the USB and the Error 4 occurred.
Please advise regarding: 1) Potential root causes. 2) Potential fixes.
Thank you,
Steve Townsend
the problemwhen this happened.
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Boxer54 replied 11 days ago.

Thank you for trusting us with your questions. I will do my best to assist you today. What radio is in your corolla? A picture could be helpful to identify it.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
My 2014 Corolla is a base model with 6 speed standard transmission. It has no options. As such it has the base radio (the display screen is shorter than others, it has a row of buttons immediately below the screen, it is not touch display, it does not have rear camera capability).